Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The County Commissioners of Caroline County, on behalf of the Caroline County Department of Finance, are accepting sealed proposals from qualified firms of certified public accountants to audit its financial statements for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2024. The selected auditing firm under this request for proposal shall become the County Auditor by contract for the term of the contract and an additional four (4) year period. The auditor firm will provide at a minimum the basic auditing services outlined in the scope of services.
Work is generally described as follows:
1. The County desires the auditor to express an opinion on the fair presentation of its general purpose financial statements in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
2. The auditor shall also be responsible for performing certain limited procedures involving required supplementary information required by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board as mandated by generally accepted auditing standards.
3. The auditor must report on compliance and internal controls over financial reporting based on an audit of the financial statements performed per Government Auditing Standards.
4. The auditor shall also be responsible for preparing the annual Uniform Financial Report and the Data Collection Form for Reporting on Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations of the County for each fiscal year ending June 30, of each period under contract.
5. The auditor shall extend the same services and rates quoted herein for auditing the Caroline County Library in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and to be contracted separately between the Library and the Auditor.
6. The auditor shall be responsible for auditing the Dayspring Townhomes I & II in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
7. The Proposal should include the preparation of the Financial Audit, Compliance Audit, Single Audit, and 911 Trust Fund Audit.
8. The Proposal should include the preparation for the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting due in December of each year.
Bids must be received in the offices of the Caroline County Commissioners, County Courthouse located at 109 Market Street, Denton, Maryland 21629, by no later than 10:00 a.m., 2/29/2024 where they will be publicly opened and read aloud. The County Commissioners reserve the right to reject any/or all bids.
CERTIFIED MINORITY BUSINESS ENTERPRISES ARE ENCOURAGED TO RESPOND TO THIS INVITATION TO BID.
Prebid meeting: Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 10:00 am
Questions are due by Thursday, February 15, 2024, by noon
Q&A Addendum: Monday, February 19, 204
Bid Opening: Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 10:00 am
Daniel Fox, Director
Department of Finance