- County Government
- Recreation & Parks
- Recreation Policies
Taxes At Work
These programs are funded in part by taxes paid by Caroline County residents to the Caroline County Commissioners for the delivery of local government services. Registrants who do not live in the county or pay property taxes are required to pay a non-resident fee of $5 for most programs and services.
Registration is not confirmed in writing.
Go directly to the program unless we notify you about a problem or cancellation.
Technically the department can cancel a program for any reasonable cause - lack of registration, inclement weather, or instructor resignation. We are as disappointed as you are when this happens. If a program is cancelled, the department will issue a refund to the customer according to how it was originally paid. If the department must cancel the program, there is no administrative fee for the refund.
Inclement Weather & Program Cancellations
If you are not sure if a program will be held, call the main office line at 410-479-8120, our weather cancellation line at 410-479-8132, check our website, or friend us on Facebook for current cancellation or emergency notices.
Given the department’s heavy use of Caroline County Schools for service delivery, if schools are cancelled due to inclement weather, generally Recreation and Parks programs are also suspended. There are exceptions however, so customers are encouraged to call.
Every effort will be made to make up for missed classes due to instructor illness, weather, or department intervention. Refunds will not be granted for rescheduled classes that are missed due to conflicts with personal schedules.
Our refund policy encourages early decisions, so as to not affect other customers or our ability to deliver efficient programs. All requests for refunds should be made at least 5 business days prior to the start of the program. A $5 administrative fee will be charged per refund transaction.
Refunds can be granted for the first half of a scheduled program for an illness. Please have a doctor’s excuse at the time of the request.
Refunds are not awarded for any reason during the second half of the scheduled program.
There are no refunds for missed classes.
Typically, registrations that require advanced tickets are non-refundable (i.e. trip); however a full refund less a $5 service charge will be given for all trips pending resale of the reservation.
These include the department’s right to:
- Deny registration or entry into a program when it deems necessary to assure public safety.
- Expel a child from a program with no refund after notifying parent / guardian of disciplinary issues.
- Expel an adult from a program for inappropriate behavior.
- Photograph programs and participants for promotion purposes.
- Adjust the program details printed in the Program and Activities Guide including fees, locations, coordinators, times, days, and dates.
- Review the current Program Operating Policy Manual the department applies to the delivery of all programs it sponsors and insures under the Local Government Insurance Trust.