4-H & Youth Park Board
The Board shall meet at least quarterly at a designated time and place with adequate written notice to members and the public. Six members constitute a quorum.
|Claire Downs Fisher||Member||Citizen||Second||2017||2019|
|Mark Lasocha||Ex-Officio||Commissioner's Representative||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Glenn Dyar Orme||Member||Citizen||Second||2017||2019|
|Arthur (Chip) Eaton,||Member||Citizen||Second||2019||2021|
Term of Office
Member serve a term of three years. Members may serve no more than two consecutive full terms. After an absence of one year, an individual may be recommended to serve again. A Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer shall be elected annually at a regular meeting by and from the appointed voting membership. The 4-H Extension Agent, or in the agent’s absence, a Cooperative Extension Service designee shall serve as Secretary.
(Caroline County Government Resolution #96-008)
The Caroline County 4-H and Youth Park Board shall complete the following tasks:
- Develop and submit to the Commissioners a long range plan for improvement of the Park
- Develop and submit to the Commissioners an annual budget and five-year capital plan
- Develop policy relating to all aspects of operation of the Park and make recommendations to the Commissioners regarding the need for adoption of policy and changes to existing policy
- Review operations of the Park and make recommendations for changes or improvements
- In cooperation with the Cooperative Extension Service, 4-H leaders and the agricultural community, develop and keep current an activity plan and annual program for the use of the Park and its facilities
- Make recommendation to the Commissioners regarding appointment of the Park Coordinator and appointments to board membership.
- Serve as the official advisory body to the County Commissioners regarding Park matters and act as liaison with the community and advocate for the Park and 4-H and Youth Programs